Photomath app is based on optical character recognition through a mobile phone camera and a math problem solver system which recognizes, solves and shows the solving steps for printed and handwritten math problems.
The math content team is a team of math experts that are focused on creating math content which will be covered by the app. For now, Photomath only solves math problems written as expressions (for example equations, system of equations) so we decided to go one step further and start solving all other problems which can be found in a textbook. The job requires solving textbook problems in a systematic, step by step way. Since Photomath is an educational app, we pay a great deal of attention to the quality and structure of the content so to provide excellent support in learning math for all ages.
Help us revolutionize learning math!
Apply and become our Math Content Creator
for new Photomath segment - student job (f/m)
What will you do at Photomath? You will:
- create solving steps with explanations (in English) for each problem from different math textbooks:
- creation of solving steps with explanations is done on a computer, on a web interface we created
- creation of solving steps is done using Latex
- learn about existing solving methods applied in Photomath
- in coordination with Math Content team members apply new solving methods when necessary
- verify graphics that explain certain math problem, e.g. whether the graphic correctly explains certain problem, etc. (after you get familiar with the whole process of creating solving steps)
You are the right person for us if you have:
- advanced knowledge of high school mathematics (Algebra 1 & 2, Calculus, Trigonometry, Geometry)
- some experience in mathematics education or tutoring
- reliability and meticulousness when it comes to work
- systematic approach to solving problems and attention to details
- responsibility towards work and capability of organizing your own time
- very good English language skill, especially mathematical English
- some experience working in Latex
- possibility to work at least 3 days a week for 4h/day between 9 am and 5 pm
- working through your own student contract for a longer period of time (at least 6 months) in our office (Strojarska cesta, Zagreb)
- at least 4 hours per day - the schedule is arranged with the team lead on a weekly basis
- starting wage is 20 HRK/hour nett.
We are offering:
- an opportunity to contribute in creating high-quality mathematical content which will be used in the Photomath app
- an opportunity to revolutionize approach to math studies for all ages through your work with the rest of the Photomath Team
- an opportunity to learn and develop in the desired direction inside the organization through certain time
- working in a young, ambitious and flexible team which values exchange in opinions and fair play
- working in a relaxed atmosphere with secured work equipment.
How to apply?
Send your application with the title "Application for Photomath" on email:
or Whatsapp/Viber 099 4846 885, or on
Radilica’s Facebook Profile..
We are an EdTech company whose mobile app is constantly the most popular educational app in the US and one of the top education apps globally, with 100 million downloads. Photomath has offices in the US and Croatia. The application is based on state of the art AI technology for text and handwriting recognition and our own engine for solving math problems. In 2015 we won the 4YFN award in Digital media category on Mobile World Congress and Netexplo global educational innovations award.
We constantly improve our app and recognize that persistent focus on constant improvements is crucial to Photomath remaining at the top of the list of the world’s educational apps and becoming the first choice for learning math.