Senior Java/Kotlin Backend Developer
(f/m) - Zagreb, Croatia, Full-time
What are we Building?
We believe it is important for every student to have a strong understanding of math to thrive in an increasingly data-driven world. Thus, Photomath aims to change the way students learn math. We’ve achieved viral, organic growth to become the most popular education app in the world with over 170 million downloads. With our mobile app, users can solve math problems instantly using their phone’s camera and get detailed step-by-step instructions to help maximize learning.
We recently launched Plus, the first paid subscription in Photomath. Now we’re looking to supercharge the growth of Plus. As part of this ambition, we’re looking to hire a Senior Java/Kotlin Developer to work on our core web platform and help supercharge content creation at Photomath.
What is the Role?
- Develop and maintain the backend of Photomath’s core web projects: web applications, microservices, workflow, rule and decision making engines
- Collaborate with frontend developers and data engineers
- Collaborate with other teams in order to develop great web applications
- Suggest the best way to solve certain web development problem using knowledge about new web development trends
Who are You?
- Have at least 5 years of experience in backend web development
- Have excellent knowledge of Kotlin and/or Java and its web frameworks like Spring, Micronaut or similar
- Have a deep understanding about SQL inner functioning
- Are experienced Linux user and sysadmin
- At least 5 years of active working with a wide range of SQL queries
- Prefer to write clean and reusable code
- Can work well in team (frontend devs, data engineers, web designers) and with internal clients (other teams)
- Have great attention to details and you prefer a quality and structured web project
- Have a proactive and responsible approach to work
- Have interest in new web development trends and like to implement them in your work
- Have great English language skills
An additional plus is if you:
- Have DevOps skills
- Have some experience with GCP, AWS or similar
- Have some experience with Kubernetes
- Have an understanding of frontend technologies like JS, React, CSS, ...
- Have experience with modern development processes (git, test-driven development, continuous integration, ...)
- Familiar with NoSQL databases
Our development stack:
- Kotlin, Java, Python, Spring, Micronaut, Flyway, Terraform, Jenkins, GCP, Docker, Kubernetes, Git, React, MySQL, PostgreSQL, BigQuery, Hazelcast, Elastic Search.
We are offering:
- An opportunity to build core web applications that are key to driving our product forward
- An opportunity to work on technically challenging projects and products
- An opportunity to transfer your knowledge to more junior team members
- Learning opportunities through knowledge sharing, educations, and conferences
- A culture that recognizes and rewards dedication and success
Interested in joining our team?
Send us your resume with some examples of your code/projects with the email subject “Senior Java/Kotlin Backend Developer“ to firstname.lastname@example.org.