Looks like you’ve come across
an expired job ad
Don’t worry, we are always on the lookout for new talent. Contact us and let’s have a chat about career opportunities that interest you.
Research Engineer Intern
(f/m) - Zagreb, Cro office
We are an EdTech company whose mobile app is constantly the most popular educational app in the US and one of the top education apps globally, with over 100 million downloads.
Photomath app is based on our own machine vision technology and our own math engine system which recognizes, solves and shows the solving steps for printed and handwritten math problems.
We constantly improve our app and add new features to offer Photomath users new ways to approach math learning. Our newest features focus on giving visual cues through graph solutions, recognizing and solving word math problems, and helping learn basics of math through animated step by step explanations.
Research team at Photomath works with huge amount of data for machine learning, powered by our internal (high performant) GPU cluster to test any model imaginable. In everyday work we collaborate closely with other teams on the product side in order to deliver the best user experience possible to our 100 million users worldwide.
We constantly research new ideas, develop prototypes, and improve our existing cutting-edge models (even more). With all the new features in the product road map, we are searching for an intern who will use his/her knowledge, our guidance and infrastructure to jointly develop new (cutting-edge) products.
In a nutshell, an engineering intern would be responsible for applying machine learning to real-world engineering problems within Photomath’s existing and new features.
Apply and become our
Research Engineer Intern (f/m)
What will you do at Photomath? You will:
- participate in cutting-edge research in machine learning applications
- apply knowledge gained in computer science courses to real-world problems
- develop highly optimized models for mobile platforms
- experiment and prototype brand-new Photomath features
- improve Photomath's machine learning products
- work with the internal TensorFlow based machine learning framework
- learn, improve and develop your understanding of machine learning and coding in general
We are offering:
- the opportunity to develop a product that millions of people use worldwide
- access to the billions of data to be used for your project
- access to our internal GPU cluster
- a dedicated mentor who will be there to transfer all the knowledge and best practices, as well as be there for all your questions
- learning opportunities through knowledge sharing, education, and conferences
- a flexible working schedule
- an opportunity for a full-time employment upon graduation
- a casual and yet professional working environment with motivating working conditions
- a culture that recognizes and rewards success
You are the right person for us if you:
- have a solid understanding and experience (classroom or work related) in machine learning
- have experience with machine learning tools like TensorFlow or PyTorch
- have software development experience (classroom or work related) in one or more general purpose programming languages
- can work well in a team, but you are also capable of doing tasks on your own
- nurture proactive and responsible approach to work
- have great English language skills
An additional plus is if you:
- have a solid understanding of computer vision, natural language processing, algorithms and data structures
- have worked with Docker
- completed some online machine or deep learning courses (Coursera, Udacity, etc.)
Want to join our team?
Send us your resume with an e-mail subject “Research Engineer” to firstname.lastname@example.org.