Math Engine Engineer
- full time or student job (f/m) - Zagreb, Cro office
Photomath is constantly among the top 3 most popular educational apps in the world with over 100 million downloads. Application is based on state of the art machine learning technology for text and handwriting recognition and our own expert system for solving math problems.
Math content development (e.g. solving math problems) for Photomath app is based on development of our own expert system which includes math language which simulates human approach to solving math problems. The whole process behind this Math engine team can be divided into two major focuses: focus on the development of math problem solving steps using our own math language; and focus on development of our expert system in C++ that enables the development of new math content which Photomath app can support.
We are expanding our current Math engine team with several new team members and looking for candidates with either of the two focuses: development of math problem solving steps in our own math language; or development of our expert system in C++.
Help us revolutionize learning math!
Apply and become our Math Engine Engineer - full time or student job (f/m)
You are the right person for us if you:
- have technical or math background (no matter if you’re currently student or you’ve already graduated and have some experience)
- have good knowledge of math concepts (focus on elementary and high-school level)
- like to solve algorithmic problems / tasks
- have some knowledge of C++ (very good knowledge is a plus)
- prefer logical approach to solving problems
- value analytical and responsible approach to work
- have excellent English language skill
- can work well in small team as well as alone
What will you do at Photomath? You will:
- develop math problem solving steps in our own math language or develop our expert system in C++ (depends on your skills and interests -> there is possibility to switch focus after some time)
- tight collaboration with Math content creation team in order to find the best approach to solve certain math problem
- working on improving app functionalities which are tightly connected to our expert system for solving math problems
How will you work with us?
- if you are still a student then you will work via student contract according to your free time but at least 20 hours per week in continuity of 6 months (we are flexible about working schedule and University obligations -> you will create weekly work schedules with your team lead)
- if you’ve already graduated then we would like to hire you via full-time employment contract
- place of work is onsite in Croatia, Zagreb (Strojarska cesta)
We are offering:
- an opportunity to contribute in creating high-quality math app through programming math solving steps in our Math engine
- an opportunity to revolutionize approach to math studies for all ages through your work with the rest of the Photomath teams
- learning opportunities through mentorship, knowledge sharing, education and conferences
- collaboration with young, ambitious and flexible team that thrives on fair play and exchanging different viewpoints
- work in casual and yet professional environment with motivating working conditions
- a culture that recognizes and rewards success.
Want to join our team?
Send us your resume with an email subject "Math engine" to