Apply and become our DevOps Engineer
(f/m) - Zagreb, Croatia, Full-time
What do we do?
Photomath aims to change the way students learn math. After becoming the most popular education app in the world with over 180 million downloads, we are building a mathematical platform with the largest math dataset in the world.
Our passionate and dedicated engineering team needs a top engineer of DevOps variety to help us evolve and maintain Photomath’s cloud infrastructure, network, servers and services. Our infrastructure processes a billion data points per day, millions of images per hour and thousands of web requests per second.
Our dev stack:
- Kubernetes, Docker, Google Cloud Platform, BitBucket, Jenkins, Terraform, Ansible, Kotlin, Java, Python, PostgreSQL, MySQL, MongoDB, BigQuery, Debian, Shell, Spring Boot, Micronaut, Flyway, Hazelcast, Redis, Elastic Search, Apache Kafka, Knative.
What is the role?
- Develop and maintain high-available globally balanced web service architecture systems and services
- Evolve and nurture build and deploy stack
- Configure and maintain a data stack
- Explore, implement, automate and configure cloud services like load balancers, distributed clusters, high available services
- Develop and ensure business continuity (backup systems, redundancy, testing)
- Take care of all security aspects
- Do the usual system admin stuff
Who are you?
- Experienced devops or sysadmin - with at least 5 years of relevant devops/sysadm experience
- Focused on details and prefer to do the things the right way
- Love to learn and experiment with new tools and technologies
- Aware of the importance of security
- Have a proactive and responsible approach to work
- Have great English language skills
An additional plus is if you:
- Have experience with cloud providers like AWS, GCP and Azure
- Have experience with k8s, Docker, Terraform, ...
- Have SQL experience as DB admin and/or query master
- You like to code in some of the programming languages
We are offering:
- A diverse environment with agile and talented juniors and smart and experienced seniors - to teach and be taught
- An opportunity to work on technically challenging projects and products
- A friendly team atmosphere
- Experimenting with new technologies
- Learning opportunities through knowledge sharing, educations, and conferences
- A culture that recognizes and rewards dedication and success
- Flexible working hours and the possibility to work from home
Interested in joining our team?
Send us your resume with the email subject “DevOps Engineer“ to firstname.lastname@example.org.