Data Team Lead
(f/m) - San Mateo, CA, USA, Full-Time
What are we Building?
We believe it is important for every student to have a strong understanding of math and to thrive in an increasingly data-driven world.
Thus, Photomath aims to change the way students learn math. With our mobile app, users can solve math problem instantly using their phone camera with detailed step-by-step instructions to help maximize learning.
By emphasizing a seamless UX, data-informed decision making, and respect for diverse perspectives, we strive to build amazing technology that improves learning and becomes the new standard for students and parents alike.
Did you know?
We’ve achieved viral, organic growth to become the most popular education app in the US with over 150 million downloads. Photomath’s users have also collectively spent over 2,000 years using the app.
We have ambitious goals but we need your help to achieve them. We are seeking a quantitative problem solver with:
- 1. an insatiable interest in finding insights in numbers AND
- 2. the drive to build the team and processes of a data-informed organization
What is the Role?
- You will be responsible for evolving the current design and architecture of data collection and business intelligence systems
- You will continue to build and manage a cross-office data team
- You will work with your team and other functional team leads to create automated reporting systems for internal stakeholders
- You will help identify and conduct data analysis around key metrics to help inform and drive the company’s strategic decisions
- You will suggest improvements for our current data analysis processes and our current products based on you and your team’s research
- You will prioritize projects across the team and allocate resources to meet business and team goals
Who are You?
- You have excellent quantitative skills with a keen sense of how to apply them from a business perspective
- You have 3+ years growing and managing data analytics teams
- You have 6+ years in business intelligence, analytics, data engineering, or a similar role
- You have experience with data sets/points originating from mobile app or web apps
- You have advanced knowledge of databases (SQL, NoSQL, etc.)
- You have good knowledge of scripting tools, data loading and transformation tools and/or languages like Python, Java, R or similar
- You have world-class communication skills, fluently translating data into meaningful insights
- You take initiative to identify and drive new efforts
- You are a flexible person who can work well in diverse environments and cross-functionally
- You believe wholeheartedly in the importance of math education and ensuring that everyone regardless of background has the ability to master math
- You are legally authorized to work in the US
A plus is if you have:
- Knowledge how to utilize cloud providers (Google, AWS, ...) to build a data stack
- Experience in the setup of different data stacks and/or understanding different data stacks
Join our team?
Send us your resume with email subject: „Data Team Lead“ to firstname.lastname@example.org.