(f/m) - Zagreb, Cro office
We are an EdTech company whose mobile app is constantly the most popular educational app in the US and one of the top education apps globally, with over 100 million downloads. Photomath has offices in the US and Croatia.
The application is based on our own optical character recognition technology and our own math engine system which recognizes, solves and shows the solving steps for printed and handwritten math problems.
We constantly improve our app and recognize that persistent focus on constant improvements is crucial to Photomath remaining at the top of the list of the world’s educational apps and becoming the first choice for learning math.
Apply and become our
Data Engineer (f/m)
We understand and appreciate the value of data-informed decision making, and thus are looking to expand our team with a Data engineering professional who will help us bring our data-informed decision making to the next level.
Did you know?
All of Photomath’s users already spent over 2.000 years using Photomath app.
What will you do at Photomath? You will:
- design, setup, implement, and support an analytical data infrastructure providing ad hoc access to large datasets
- prepare data for analytical use
- create and maintain system to process data
- validate data architecture
- design, develop, maintain and optimize company's ETL processes
- run ETL procedures on top of big datasets
- identify opportunities that can improve process efficiency
You are the right person for us if you:
- have at least 3 years of experience working in similar tasks and roles
- have good knowledge of SQL
- are familiar with ETL process
- are experienced working with huge amount of data (billions of records)
- have good knowledge of one of the data engineering languages: Python, Matlab, R language, Scala, etc.
- have structured approach to problem solving
- have strong analytical skills, including the ability to analyze and organize data
- are a flexible person who can work well in diverse environments
- are ready to share knowledge with coworkers
- nurture a proactive approach to work
- ability to work well independently and with others
- are ready to occasionally work flexible work hours (conf calls with US team)
- have excellent English language skill
It is a plus if you:
- have a Master’s degree in Computer Science or related field
- have experience with MongoDB or other NoSQL databases
We are offering:
- an opportunity to further develop the data engineering function within the fast-growing EdTech company whose mobile app has over 100 million downloads
- an opportunity to work on challenging projects
- learning opportunities through knowledge sharing, educations, and conferences
- collaboration with the young, ambitious and flexible team that thrives on fair play and exchanging different viewpoints
- working in a casual and yet professional working environment with motivating work conditions
- a culture that recognizes and rewards dedication and success
Where and how to apply?
Send us your resume with an answer to the question “Why are you the Data Engineer we are looking for?” to firstname.lastname@example.org.